As part of our monthly Wellbeing Webinar Series, Sequoia partnered with Nicole Roger, MFT Director of Clinical Partnerships at Spring Health, to discuss this month’s topic, “Breaking Down Barriers to Mental Health Care.”
During the conversation, we touched upon the wide array of tools available in mental health care, what to expect when beginning treatment, how to find the right provider for you, and much more.
You can catch up by viewing the recording.
Here are a few key takeaways from the webinar:
- Advantages of using five primary mental health care options available to individuals: Self Help Tools, Support Groups, Meditation, Coaching, Therapy, and Psychiatry.
- Distinctions between coaching and therapy and when to use and seek out each modality. Coaching employs tools to help clients overcome barriers and reach their full potential, focusing on performance improvement. In contrast, therapy addresses more clinical mental health needs, emotional concerns, and relationships.
- Three popular approaches to therapy are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Solution Focused Therapy. We highlighted how therapists and coaches apply treatment methods to these conditions with a foundation in evidence-based practices.
- How to find the right provider, who suits your needs and makes you feel at ease along with tips on what to do if the provider you have is not the right fit.
- Raising your hand to acknowledge that you need help is such a win! There are so many emotional highs and lows of being a person and you don’t have to do it alone.
Registration for our next monthly webinar on “Social Impact and Giving Back “is now open. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 10 am PT/1 pm ET. Registration is available at this link.
For more information on Sequoia’s Wellbeing services, visit https://www.sequoia.com/services/wellbeing/