As part of our monthly Wellbeing Webinar Series, Sequoia partnered with Erin Bric, Executive and Leadership Coach and Organization Development Consultant, to discuss this month’s topic, “Having a Growth Mindset.”
During the conversation, we covered the difference between a growth and fixed mindset and what tools and practices to leverage to exercise your own growth mindset.
You can catch up by viewing the recording.
A few key takeaways from the webinar:
- Erin shared that a growth mindset is the belief that people can develop their most basic abilities through effort, perseverance, and drive. A growth mindset can help activate natural qualities you didn’t think you had.
- Erin went over some examples of how to distinguish between a growth and fixed mindset.
- We discussed the concepts of the perfectionism problem, imposter syndrome, and how procrastination can directly correlate to a fixed mindset.
- Perfectionism does not leave room for possibility. We then tend to avoid trying because we fear failing.
- The power of adding the word “yet” to the end of any statement enables a growth mindset when trying new things.
Erin went over the best ways to cultivate and develop a growth mindset by growing your own self awareness, owning your attitude, investing in your own growth, and surrounding yourself with a good community. There is power in realizing that a growth mindset helps grow resilience and grit, improves performance, and enhances success.
- We discussed how, as a manager or a coworker, we can encourage our team to take a growth mindset and create a safe environment where calculated risks are rewarded.
Registration for our next monthly webinar on “Breaking Down Barriers to Mental Health Care” is now open. The webinar will take place on Wednesday, October 18, 2023, at 10 am PT/1 pm ET. Registration is available at this link.
For more information on Sequoia’s Wellbeing services, visit https://www.sequoia.com/services/wellbeing/