California (CA) employers subject to federal EEO-1 reporting who have at least one California-based employee must report pay and hours-worked data by establishment, job category, sex, race, and ethnicity to the CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) by March 31, 2021.
When reporting to the DFEH, employers must include data for employees assigned to their California establishments and/or working within California, which includes employees who are temporarily teleworking from California. To submit a report, employers must use the DFEH Pay Reporting Portal. An employer has three options in terms of format to submit their data:
- (1) Uploading an Excel file using the prescribed template;
- (2) Uploading a .CSV file using the prescribed template;
- (3) Inputting information directly into a fillable form in the portal.
The DFEH has issued sample templates and a User Guide to assist employers through the reporting process. For more information about the reporting requirements, please visit our blog post and the official DFEH Frequently Asked Questions.
- Pay Data Reporting: Portal User Guide
- Pay Data Reporting: Frequently Asked Questions
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Sequoia Foreword: California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Issues Guidance on Employer Pay Data Reporting
- Sequoia Foreword: Federal EEO-1 Reporting will Open April 2021
Disclaimer: This content is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal, medical or tax advice. It provides general information and is not intended to encompass all compliance and legal obligations that may be applicable. This information and any questions as to your specific circumstances should be reviewed with your respective legal counsel and/or tax advisor as we do not provide legal or tax advice. Please note that this information may be subject to change based on legislative changes. © 2021 Sequoia Benefits & Insurance Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved