“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” ~ Helen Keller
Every year, March is designated as Women’s History Month. It is a time to honor women’s contributions in American history. This is a great opportunity for companies to celebrate female employees at all levels as well.
We recommend that celebrating women in the workplace is part of a broader strategy, celebrating all groups throughout the year.
Here’s a list of ideas to recognize and celebrate women at your company:
- Organize a panel of female leaders at your organization to share stories of their career growth and tips for career advancement
- Develop a mentorship program in which female leaders mentor more junior level and aspiring female employees
- Send a company-wide email throughout the month of March showcasing women employees at all levels who are doing great work and making an impact
- Include in that email a list of TED talks by women. This playlist features 10 bold talks from female speakers
- Organize a paid volunteer day at a local women’s shelter, women’s health clinic, or organization that supports young girls in your community
What is your company doing to celebrate Women’s History Month? Share your ideas in the comments below!