Molly Knapp Named to the Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers List
SAN FRANCISCO – December 9, 2020 – Sequoia, a pioneer in Total People Investment is pleased to announce that Molly Knapp, vice president of 401(k) services has been named to the 2020 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers List. The list recognizes the top retirement plan advisers who specialize in serving defined contribution (DC) retirement plans across the U.S.
Molly has more than 20 years of retirement plan experience and in 2019 was named to the Top Women Advisor list by the National Association of Plan Advisors. Over the past four years, she’s played a leading role in building Sequoia’s 401(k) advisory service team, which was recently recognized for the fourth consecutive year as one of the Nation’s Top Defined Contribution Advisor Teams by the National Association of Plan Advisors. Under Molly’s leadership, Sequoia’s 401(k) team manages nearly $5 billion in assets for companies ranging from global enterprise to VC-backed start-ups.
To be named to the prestigious list, honorees were required to advise at least $75 million in DC plan assets and have at least 20% of their client assets in DC plans. The qualifying advisers completed a questionnaire about their practice and the Financial Times graded advisers on six broad factors, which were:
- DC assets under management (AUM). This signals experience and success in managing money in 401(k) programs and other DC plans.
- Growth rate in DC plan business. Measured by changes in both DC plan clients and in assets, growth is a proxy for performance, client retention and ability to draw new clients.
- Specialization in the DC business. This is measured by what percentage of the overall assets managed by the adviser are in DC plans and how that concentration has changed.
- Experience advising DC plans. This tracks years spent managing DC plan assets through different economic and market environments.
- Industry certifications (CFP, AIF, etc.). These show technical knowledge that is particularly important in the complicated DC plan industry.
- Compliance record. A string of client complaints can signal potential problems.
This is the sixth annual FT 401 List, produced independently by the Financial Times and its sister company Ignites Research. View the full list at FT 401: Complete List of the Top U.S. Retirement Advisers.
To learn more about Sequoia’s retirement program, please visit Sequoia.com/services/financial-care/.
Sequoia is the pioneer in Total People Investment. We help people-driven businesses design, deploy, and optimize people investment strategies that achieve engagement outcomes that matter. Through expert guidance and the Sequoia People Platform, our offerings in total rewards, benefits, wellbeing, HR & payroll, and business protection tie into a higher strategic role, enabling companies to manage their global people investments, with reduced administrative burdens and deeper employee care and support.
Netta Conyers-Haynes, Sequoia