Get your insurance ID Cards in the Sequoia Mobile App
Welcome to modern benefits
With the Sequoia Mobile App, you and your dependents can view your digital ID cards, share them with providers via text or email, and manage all your enrollments — not to mention all the other great resources and touch points the app provides! Getting started is easy. Check out the video and instructions below:
Accessing your digital ID Card on the Sequoia Mobile app
- Download the app
- Enter your work email address and you will be prompted to either:
- Create an account
- Login to your account
- Once logged in, navigate to the ID Card section of the app
- Tap on the ID Card you want to view
- For Anthem ID Cards, use the blue View ID Card button to display the traditional card view
Invite your dependents to the app
Why is my ID card digital?
Your bank, your movie theater, your airline, and many other of the services you interact with everyday have all “gone digital.” Now healthcare and insurance is finally catching up. Why? Physical cards are tedious to share, environmentally wasteful, and take up room in your wallet even after they expire. With digital ID cards, you will always have the latest version a click away that you can easily share via text or email. And if you have dependents, you can see and share all their cards as well.
What about my spouse's/dependent's ID cards?
In the video at the top of this page, we provide a visual overview of how to access your dependent’s ID cards and invite them to use the Sequoia Mobile app. From the app home screen, click Invite Dependents to invite them to the app. To view or share your dependent’s ID Cards, click ID Cards and then the Share icon in the top right corner.
I am at the doctor's office...
What ID Card information will they ask me about?
- Your Member ID and Group ID numbers are the numbers they care about most.
How do I share my ID Card?
- Login to your Sequoia Mobile app and tap the ID Cards icon, then select the appropriate plan ID card to show to your service provider.
- To send a copy of the card to your provider, use the Share icon at the top right corner of each card to text or email them.
They are not familiar with digital ID Cards
- Despite carriers and others moving to digital ID Cards, on occasion you may come across a worker at a service provider (doctor’s office, specialist, etc) who is not familiar with digital cards. While rare, here are somethings you can do:
- Make sure they know your Member ID and Group ID numbers.
- For Anthem members: Show them the traditional card view by selecting the blue View ID Card button or by using the share icon on top right corner of your ID Card summary view.
- Contact your Employee Advocate, we’d be happy to help. Open a case in My Advocate and select the issue type ID Card to let us know you’d like a physical card.
Why does my member ID show as "In process with carrier"?
When any of your ID Cards displays “In Process with Carrier” on the Member ID field, it means your enrollment is still being processed by your carrier. This is a temporary state and should resolve automatically once enrollment is complete. You can use Contacts in the app to reach out to the carrier directly (via phone or online) to request your Member ID and Group ID numbers. If you are having any issues accessing care, contact your Employee Advocate.
Can I still have my physical ID cards?
If you need a physical ID card, the easiest way to order one is through the app.
- From your digital ID Card, use the carrier contact details to request a card by phone or through their portal. Tip: If using the phone, go to speaker mode and read your Member ID# for the phone prompt.
- Alternatively, go to the app home screen, tap the MyAdvocate icon, and then open a case for ID Cards. Be sure to add that you’d like us to order cards for you and any of your dependents. We’d be happy to help.